Monday 7 January 2008

I have been productive........

We will start the post with the produce from the vegie patch.............the kids are having a ball with the vegie patch............this is the best corn I have ever seen.............and it tastes amazing......the pumpkins are going well........lost a couple with the flood........tomatoes are so nice home grown.....and the chooky's are laying...........

I have been dreaming of doing a disappearing nine patch for a little while but finally got to have a sew with these charm packs of Cornucopia...........

Once I got my blocks done I was a little disappointed and I am not sure I want to cut them up now..........it is the plain and plaids of this range and they are not the normal cotton...........they are like a brushed cotton............not flannel but not right..............now not sure what to do...........some of the blocks were not cut right and now some of my corner joins are not right........

what do you think i should do............I have no other material that goes with this..........nothing feels like it..........what should I do .........HELP..........

I have a charm pack of the normal line and they are just beautiful............I was hoping to use them together but that is not going to happen..............

And yes I know I should be finishing things for May Britt and the WISP but I just wanted to start this and now I am not happy.............maybe my punishment for not finishing something I have already started...........lol.........

19 comments:

Annie said...

LOVE the georgous produce!!!! And I think you should stick with your original idea of the disappearing 9patch. It is so exciting to do. I love that soft brushed cotton fabric and have made a quilt with those and flannels together before. Be brave!

Jenny said...

Yep, I agree that you should stick to your original idea too-love the subtle blend of colours. That corn looks so delicious-nothing tastes as good as home grown!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I have this theory....you should always stick with your first choice as that is generally the right choice...so go for it don't change.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog very much. Your vege patch must be wonderful isn't it all in the soil preparation ?? I think you charm squares look great anything home made is much more appreciated. Please do the Secret Santa again this year I would love to join in.
Regards
Fiona

corry said...

Nothing taste better then your own grown vegetables, and yours look delicious!
And I also think you should stick with your original idea of the disappearing 9patch. I'm sure it would look wonderful, please show us the result!

Locket Pocket said...

Wow - your veg look great - especially the sweetcorn - I don't think mine got enough sun last year as they never got nice and ripe like yours! Lucy x

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Your veggies look great! I would also stick with the disappearing nine patch.

May Britt said...

I agree with the others. Stick to your first plan, it's always the best. I think when you cut these ninepatches and blend them together you'll get a new look.

dutchcomfort said...

A disappearing nine-patch... My dear, everything disappears overhere... into drawers! First ideas are mostly the best, I agree with the others. You can put it aside though, then you have some WISP to add to your list!!

Unknown said...

Great looking vegs, perhaps you might explain to your US readers how we Aussies eat a pumpkin, most in the US only use them in pies.....
I think your blocks look wonderful, and the brushed cottons are lovely to work with. So I'll join in with everyone else and say stick to your first plan.

Pam said...

Hmmm - how do you Aussies eat pumpkin?

I agree - carry on with the disappearing nine patch. If the corners don't meet perfectly it's okay.

Levin said...

okay, i'm not going to give you any advice on the quilt as I've never made one and it all seems rather daunting to me.
I will, however, compliment you on your veggies! They look much healthier than ours! We haven't been able to give them enough water, I think, and the tomatoes got burnt one hot day when they had just started out and they never really recovered. Our corn looks okay though - nothing seems to bother the corn - and we have masses of spinach which is good. It can't be the soil as they have had lots of David's lovely compost.

Good luck with the quilt - it looks good to me - the colours are beautiful - just be brave!

cheers
l
x

Unknown said...

Go ahead and stick to your first idea, don´t be to strict on yourself with the corners.

Anonymous said...

lol...have been wondering myself what will happen if I start doing something new and not a WISP !!!
Keep going with the dissappearing 9-patch...lok a it as an experiment...you can always use it as a car rug.

Leanne said...

Love the veggies you are so lucky to have water. I 'm not a great quilt maker so won't give advice but I know in most projects I do that at some point through the process I'm not sure about it and then in the end it generally turns out O.K.

Holly said...

Thinking about a veggie garden is inspiration during these bleak winter months. Gives me something to look forward to. They look great!

Jeanne said...

Your produce looks like a picture from a seed supply catalog - so deliciously appealing. I would do the disappearing nine patch, too. The blocks are very pretty and will look terrific with that pattern.

Sarah Nopp said...

Ohh- I can almost smell those tomatoes! I am dreaming of starting my garden... but we got a clumping of snow this morning... months before I can do any planting.

Solstitches said...

Now those eggs and veggies look like real healthy living - just wonderful!
I love your fabrics but no help from me as I am not a quilter.
I do love the disappearing nine patch pattern though and think it will look great.

Margaret