Friday 1 February 2008

Disappearing...............

I have so much to show and tell but I have disappeared for a few days......my Pop has been unwell so my sewing plans of the last few days have disappeared I spent yesterday afternoon and most of today with him.......(I did take some applique but only got to stitch some yesterday)

I received these in the mail a couple of weeks ago from the fabulous Fat Quarter Shop........(that place is addictive and dangerous)

made up some of these last weekend...........

had fun playing with the charm packs..........

ended up with 9 blocks of nine patch

I finished putting these together tonight.........I was going to do it on Monday but Carey flogged me along on some wip's (thanks goodness she did) and the bugs have been bad of a night.....coming to the light

.........so tonight I am playing but I need some help with decisions - these blocks will have strips around them but do you like 1, 2, 3 or 4

No 1


No 2

No 3

No 4

Oh and you don't have to worry about the "not nice" person - not seen around the traps so no one you all know......just in case you were wondering..........

21 comments:

jodie said...

No 1, although I don't dislike any of them!!

Jodie

Anne Ida said...

Ohhh, goddies in the mail are such fun - and venturing into the Fat Quarter Shop is very dangerous *lol*

I'm definitely vote for no.1. I love the symetry in the way the squares makes sort of an X :o) But: your quilt, your choice!

Hope your Pop is feeling better! Take care and have fun!

antique quilter said...

love number 1!
will be fun to see which one you will choose to make.
Kathie

dutchcomfort said...

I like No 1 the best. Good composition and balance. Keep up the good work and take care!

Locket Pocket said...

Yup! I agree with No.1 - although No.2 is a close second!!! Hope your Pop is feeling better. Enjoy your sewing. Lucy x

Joyce said...

I too prefer No 1.

Jeanne said...

I like number one the best, too. Very pretty fabrics!

Annie said...

Sorry to hear about your Pop - hope he will be ok. I definitely like no.1 the best.

Rose Johnston said...

Hope you Pop is better soon!! I love number 1, with number 3 a close second. Gorgeous colours Donna!!

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I like number one the best.

Unknown said...

Well I must be the odd ball, I like #2. Hope your Pop is ok.

Carole said...

Hum.... I do like 1! They are lovely fabrics! Yes, the FQ store is addictive!

Sherry said...

I like #1, with #4 a close second. . .but none of them are bad.

I hope all goes well with your father.

In peace & pieces,

Sherry

Unknown said...

Nr.1 and Nr.3 are the ones I like best. But to decide I would need to see more blocks, can´t you put like 60 blocks together 4 times on the floor with the different possibilities?!... I was just joking!
I wish your Pop all the best. Take care.

Floss said...

I think they all would look nice, but think I like No. 1 best

CONNIE W said...

I'm writing this before reading the other comments. I like #1 the best, the others are also good though. Gorgeous fabrics.

Teodo said...

I like number 1
ciao ciao

Yvonne said...

I like #1 too and I hope your Pop is feeling better. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the disappearing 9 patch and the fabrics are great.
I prefer No.2 which is what I think you've done in the bigger pic.??? I've had a scotch so I don't know.
Catch up on Pop soon.

Bricoles Textiles said...

Just say, sorry for my english ...
I love coming to visit your blog.
I just post an article on mine for you.
Sincerely

Unknown said...

number two is very nice , Vero