Sunday 27 March 2011

Follow by email...........

this post is for blog readers and bloggers.............
first up for the lukers / blog readers / quiet dedicated followers
this would suit people who just open a blog to see what has been posted......
.......if you use google reader that is better but for those who don't I have a solution............
&&&
This week I discovered that blogger has a new feature.
if you want to follow all my posts you can sign up with your email address on the top left side of my sidebar
see the box "follow by email" click in it and type in your email address - click submit. 
You will get an email to verify the subscription in your email account.
Once you have done that once a day you will get an email of any new posts I have put up...........it looks just like the middle section of the blog your reading right now (with the writing and pics)................
I added it to my other blogs too..........SAL and Snappy Friends
i have been testing it out this week and it works well. 
A couple of people have already found the box too.............thankyou.......
Now for bloggers..................
Sign into your blog
From the dashboard
Choose the "design tab"
"Add a gadget"
A box pops up
Choose "follow by email"
Click on the "blue plus box" then "save"
Another box will pop up and details should automatically be put into the
boxes
"SAVE"
hope this helps..................i'll add it to the "how to..............blog bits" on the left sidebar..............

I like how this is private and not a "competition" about how many "followers" people have...............
As i have said before.......
I would prefer to only have 10 people who really read my blog then 1000 people "follow" and not really read my blog......only there for a giveaway or freebies...............

Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

33 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

I have just set it up and put details on your blog
thankyou chooky!
Lisa

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

WAY cool!

BubzRugz said...

I agree with you about numbers - though I have to admit being a stickybeak and interested in who is 'following' me - I often end up reading their blogs too if they have one!! Have added the email link ... if it makes life easier I'm all for it .... I personally tend to use the Google Next button and that takes me through all the unread updates of the blogs I follow... I confess to being a shocking addict... (shhhh)
Hugz

Anonymous said...

thanks chooky for the update

Susan said...

You are such a clever little chooky - snd generous. Thanks again Chooky

Wendy said...

Thanks Chooky for the update and the tutorial on how to do this...

Googy Girl said...

Okay added it

i love the "quiet dedicated follower"
he hehehe

Jeanette said...

Thanks Chooky. Didn't know about this new feature. Will investigate it now. Happy Stitching,

Anita said...

Thank you for the mini tutorial I may have to try this.

Wendy said...

You have the best tips ... thank you so much!

Kris said...

Huh! I didn't know this. Thank you. I like to have all my favourite blogs on my sidebar. I have it set up so that when they are updated they rise to the top on my sidebar. It works for me.

De said...

Thanks for the tip Chooky.

Nicky said...

I'm giving it a whirl right now, I have to confess I really don't understand feeds, subscriptions etc. I sometimes have trouble adding blogs that aren't blogger ones. I think I have to add them manually to my google reader as subscriptions, they don't seem to come through like blogspot ones do. This email option could be a good one for those blogs for me(if they offer it I guess.)

Ali Honey said...

Thanks but I prefer to come to your blog and read it there. ( too much in my in box other wise ) Cheers Ali.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thanks Chooky I just added that to my blog.

rosie said...

Thankyou once again Chooky for your advice. I had a great surprise, I'm on your list!!! Thank you so much...
Rosie

Quilt Kitty said...

Thanks again Chooky. Your follow the pictures training is great for us new bloggers. Much appreciated. Tracee xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Thanks Chooky I have set it up as well....

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing!!!
I use the Google next button too, I like being able to see the whole blog.

suzitee said...

Nah...I'll just keep coming to visit you when I see that you've updated...this happens in my blog list on my blog. Don't know all the technicalities to it, but it sorts updated blogs to the top of my blog list, so I know you've posted. Yeah?
Oh...and I do read your blog and am not into freebies. I have more stuff here than I know what to do with, without adding more LOL!

Margaret said...

Hope I have done this right.

DAWNIE said...

You are so knowledgeable and clever Chooky - thanks for sharing. what a girl!!

Daisy Jayne said...

Thanks for sharing and the updates..........off to put my have a go

Shiralee Stitches said...

So confused, but thanks Chooky, one day it may make sense...LOL...I don't think I need to change from the google reader that we set up do I????

Anne Heidi said...

Wow, thanks for the tip- How cool. I just added this to my blog now- you are so sweet for sharing !

Jenny said...

I am with Shiralee stitches.So confused . i will just try to blog along for a while before i try. Thanks chooky

Anonymous said...

Gosh you are a wealth of information... I too have added this feature to my blog. Thank you Chookyblue!!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Thanks Chooky! I don't worry so much about how many but I do like to see who and then I go to their blog. One could also remove the followers off of the side bar so no one knows how many. I've thought about doing that.

gracie said...

Oh I stop by everyday..when you post and read every word! Thanks for the info...

Judith said...

Thanks chooky for the tip. If I amm going to use it I am not sure yet, but I will look in to it.

Katie said...

And there's always NetNewsWire for us Mac users. ;-)

CatNCart Craft said...

Thank you - does it give our readers the option to unsubscribe if they wish to not receive the emails in the future?
Judy

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip.