Wednesday 19 June 2013

blog buddies the "A" list..........

One of my blog buddies Thimbleanna in the USA only just discovered one of my long term blog buddies in Iceland Miss Bee............it's funny as we were emailing about a post where Thimbleanna met Miss Bee (in real life)............we all have our own blogs that we visit for various reasons............lots of us have blog lists on our sidebars some don't - it's a personal choice...........Thimbleanna only found Miss Bee online recently........you just think because you know of someone everyone else should know of them  too but that's not the case..........we all move blog in different circles..........
I have always had a list on my sidebar.......and last year I moved it to a tab at the top of my blog............I update it maybe twice a year..........some of the regular blogs I visit may not even be there cause I pick up blogs here and there and forget to add them so i'll apologise now if your not there and I visit you all the time..........it's not because I don't want you there is because I haven't remembered to add you to the sidebar..........
So what I am going to do is introduce you to my sidebar....it might take me awhile.......i'll just got thru my list so I don't miss any.........today you have the "a' blog names........

&&&&

A Cup Full of Stitches - Sam a lovely lady who I've met at GDITC.....
A House in the Country -Liz an Aussie blogger who takes some great pics and does lovely sewing projects........she also works at Millrose patchwork shop and posts on a blog for them too.........Millrose
A passion for applique - Carrie is in the USA and I love seeing what projects she is sewing.........
A Quilt Lady - I think I found Grethe in Norway when I we started the Stitch-a-long blog......we've been sewing together for years now.....she's so sweet.......
A Quilting Life - Sherri doesn't sleep I am sure........she has just released a book too....I just wished her blog RSS feeds would all come thru instead of the first  few lines.........but she's about the only person I follow who doesn't put out the full feed...........a very prolific blogger too.....been following her for years.....
A Sample of Stitches - Margaret my buddy from Spain......we met in a bag swap years ago......she only posts about once a month but she does gorgeous stitchery, sewing and cross stitch and it sure is a post worth seeing.........
Abyquilt - MayBritt........one of the first bloggers i found from Norway.........never ceases to amaze me how much she gets done.......part of the SSCS swap for many years.......
Addicted to Quilts  - an amazing quilter called Desley....one day I hope to get to work magic on a quilt for me....
All Momas Quilt - A Danish blogger I enjoy seeing what Maria is creating......just use the translate button on her sidebar....
All Things Vintage - Teresa another Aussie blogger..........we have meet and we are in an online friendship group too....
Anita's Quilts - Anita writes in Dutch and English......she does many different crafts......we met I think as swap partners........
Anne Marie's Quilt - I enjoy seeing what she is working on.....up in the northern hemisphere - Norway....
Applique and Patch Quilting - a Canadian bloggers.....Rose-Marie makes beautiful quilts..........
As Sweet as Cinnamon - A bit of sewing, designing, this and that is what you'll find on Dawn's blog.......another Aussie....
Aunties quaint quilts - an Aussie blogger Christine loves sewing with soft pretty fabrics........she pretty quiet during the school terms and gets busy during the holidays.........

Let me know if you share any of your blog buddies in a post..........
.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

18 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Great idea Chooky! I don't do as much bloghopping these days so I am less likely to make new friends. Your posts will be a great way to visit places I have never been before.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

There are just so many good blogs out there Chooky...thanks for the list!

Susan said...

OMGosh Chookyblue - and that is just the "A"s - at least I know 2 of them - and have met them both!

Jindi's Cottage said...

What a great idea...a few new to me "a"s in there...always fun to visit new places :)

gracie said...

It is always fun to find new blogs through visiting a blogger's list. And like you, I do not always remember to add them to my list too. Thank you for helping me to meet new friends.

creations.1 said...

Wow - your 'A' list - and I only visit 2 of them!! I think we are all a little guilty of visiting and forgetting to add to our side bars. Blogland is so big and varied!!

Sherry said...

Hi Chooky!

Silly me, I didn't look at your tabs.

I read many of the blogs from SSCS participants. . . but I don't have a list anywhere on my blog. Guess I should think about doing one.

Speaking of SSCS. . . will there be one in 2013?

Thank you,

Sherry V

May Britt said...

Blogland is great and I have got so many friends these years. And I have met some of them in real also. Hope to meet many more in november when I am going to USA.

Julie said...

Thanks for introducing me to some great new blogs - as a NZer I am always interested in finding new down under bloggers.

Googy Girl said...

I don t know how you find the time to catch up on all the blogs, I feel like I am always trying to catch up on my list. Some of them sound very interesting, may have to try a visit

Pip said...

I don't do as much blog hopping as I used to, but I will be checking out a couple of these blogs in my breaks,
great idea.

Melody said...

This is a great idea. I'll check out your bloggy friends later today.

Fiona said...

So many lovely blogs... I visit a few of your A list....
Hugz

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

What a fabulous idea. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Anita said...

Thanks for the list - what a great idea!

Solstitches said...

I am very proud to see myself listed here Chooky :)
Yes, it was that bag swap and receiving that beautiful bag from you that inspired me and set me on the path of loving all the Aussie designers.
Thanks for all you do here.
Margaret

Thimbleanna said...

What a fun idea! If only there was enough time that I could befriend ALL of the friends of ALL of my friends. I'm betting that would be THOUSANDS of blogs! So many blogs, So little time LOL!!! In the meantime, thanks for sharing some of your great circle!

Grethe said...

Thanks, Donna , it warmed my heart more than you know seeing my name on your a- post ! Preparing summer holidays at my end. All the best for yourselfe during the winter time. Happy sewing :))