Monday 8 July 2013

Cosmo quilt.........

Now remember this pic........well it's the book and ruler I have been working with making the quilt on the front cover........."Cosmo" by Anka's Treasures
Sandy and I have been working on this quilt for the last few days........well the truth is she found out I finally had started cutting and temptation was too great she had to get going too........but she has caught up and got ahead of me I think............
cutting the blocks.......... 
Piecing.......... 
 
2 triangle units joined together..............
 star backgrounds.....trimming i think........
EDIT should not look like below.......should be straight.......across
this was my progress last night.............i've got some more centres in the stars and worked others out and removed the 2nd block down on the right - it's bugging me........ I like the fabrics but they just weren't working in the quilt..........
Had some soup for lunch at 2pm and back out to the chookshed.......trying to get a row or 2 pieced........
Check out Sandy's @ Shiralee's Stitches progress (completely different colourway) and yes Sandy I am impressed you were able to follow our instructions to do a post from your phone........that should fix the blog silence............

Also is anyone else working on any quilts from this book...........
.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

21 comments:

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

I have the book and ruler but think I will start with the cute Christmas tree mat first. There are a few other things I have to sew before I start anything bigger. I always get tempted with new ideas and gadgets.

Raewyn said...

Oh very nice - a great start! Just love those gadgets that make the job a whole lot easier :-)

Anonymous said...

love this design chooky,have fun.xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely blocks so far. Looks like it will make a great quilt. Looks easy with the right tools.

Annik-Snor said...

Very nice start of your quilt. I have never heard of the book, but I'll be looking for it.

Cheryl said...

Loving it Chooky - is going to look fantastic

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Lovely Chooky,can't wit to see the end product.xx

Willow Grove - Kez said...

I like it. Must look into that one

Noela said...

Looking good Chooky. Hugs.....

Grethe said...

Looks great, a new book to buy one of these days; your fabrics look nice for the project :))

Cardygirl said...

This looks like fun!

jfoster8 said...

Love that.....no wonder you are enjoying working on it

Susan said...

I think you are going to have a lot of fun with colours in this quilt.

Googy Girl said...

Wow that's looking great, great colours

Leanne said...

That Chook Shed is a very productive place.

Sue said...

This looks like so much fun.

Lynda said...

The blocks look fantastic Chookie. Wonderful to read what a great time you and your friends are having in the ChookShed.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

I have not seen that ruler and it too looks very interesting. I like the shape it makes. New tools are fun.

Susie said...

Looking great Chooky

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Donna -- what a cute pattern! It will be fun to watch this quilt come together!!!

Sinta Renee said...

I didn't know that book was released yet! This is going to be a gorgeous project!