Saturday 26 April 2014

scones, crutching and shearing...........

I have to look after my shearers................they usually get scones one day.............
here's the big basket full I made.......being school holidays there were extra rousabouts in the shed..........more scones needed.......and they always get served hot out of the oven with jam and cream...............yummo......

my nephew dragged a few out for the shearers.............
we crutched the ewes earlier in the week............then shore the lambs...........
lovely bright white wool.............
"Boy Wonder" having a go at shearing...........he crutched a few the  day before................
Getting instructions from the pro..............
always a problem in the shed for wool contamination but i love to see a black sheep being shorn............it's usually only a lamb.............we don't keep them longer then that.........
the colours as they are shorn always amaze me......
not sure if the wool is useful to anyone but if you pay the postage i'll send it off to you...........we have a couple of lambs fleeces
It's another long weekend in Oz...........attended the ANZAC service in town yesterday...........
Catch you later
Chookyblue

22 comments:

Maria said...

Yummy scones i'll be there for avro tea...
I enjoy seeing what goes on at your house..
It's finally raining here and it's nice to hear the water running into the tanks...
Hope you are getting some of the wet stuff too.

Susan said...

that's a whole lot of scones!
Not complaining about long weekends here - great for the sewing projects.

Leanne said...

Mmmmm your scones and baa baa black sheep.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Bust at your place....yummo scones

Salley said...

Hmmmm.... Lanoline. Love that smell.
Hmmmmmmmmm..... Scones. Love that smell
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ......Shearers.....

My Five Sons said...

LOL I love the smell of fresh fleece and if its reasonably clean,one word,SPINNERS....

Pinnylea Creations said...

Scones look delicious bet they didn't last long xx

SUZIE said...

Yummy scones , they look great ....can't do scones , they never turn out right ......mine are like possum knockers. Great to see sheep sheared...

Janice said...

What would shearing be without scones? I reckon shearers should be the ones to judge the cooking comps, as they probably eat more scones than anyone else. "Boy Wonder" looks rather intense learning the ropes in the shed. Good on him. Was he pleased with how his shearing went?

Cardygirl said...

Always love seeing what you are up to....BW is growing up!

Cheryll said...

My relatives in Orange were mostly shearers so I know how hard work it is on the backs... But I also know scones help!!! :) how delicious warm from the oven...

Chyfey said...

Yummy scones
Yummy shearers……….
;D

And if you haven't posted away the coloured wool and can find out the price of postage …….

Chyfey said...

Yummy scones
Yummy shearers……….
;D

And if you haven't posted away the coloured wool and can find out the price of postage …….

Anthea said...

HI Chooky - i do know of a blogger who might be interested to take that coloured wool off your hands... if no one else has claimed it, i can give you her name... Great Pics!

Katherine said...

hello Chookyblue, I'd love to take that fleece off your hands. Contact me on macwin@dodo.com.au if you still have it available and I'll chat to you about it. The link to my blog will not work. Thanks Katherine

Rebecca in AK said...

Oh lovely scones!! I am sure they were really appreciated! Shearing looks like very hard work, especially bent over like that. Are those belts around the shearers there to help their backs?? (I don't know anything a bout shearing.)

Jindi's Cottage said...

Those scones make me want to start eating flour again! Yummmmooo but I'll have my with butter and jam thanks (don't do the cream thing).

Wendy said...

Those scones looks so yummy! Look at all that beautiful fleece!

Googy Girl said...

How much do you think postage would be?

Dasha said...

I can't cook scones for peanuts! Not bad at other types of baking, but scones and me just don't seem to manage to get along.

Nicky said...

Got to keep the shearers happy and they do love scones! Yours look yum...

KeyQuilter said...

Scones look delicious! what's "crutching"?