Saturday 2 August 2014

farm stuff................

one of the new troughs we've had to put in over the last months for stock water........
I keep forgetting to share...............
still got empty dams around the place..........these girls won't have to walk so far now for water..............
a brother wanted some jeans repaired........I did think about hot pink flowers.........lol........
yesterday cattle work at home which continues on today..............pregnancy testing, drenching, branding, tagging and a couple to mark........we will be weaning some calves today too............need to off load some cattle..........still not enough rain anywhere..........
late yesterday on the bike..........today is going to be chilly.........it's not too bad when your moving around in the yards...I didn't have the coat and scarf on then.......lol........when it's cool on the bike I always have this scarf up around my ears to keep them warm.........they get cold and ache......my family think I look like I should be in Antarctica............the winds coming off snow somewhere today..............
Catch you later
Chookyblue
PS just in for lunch.............hooley dooley it dam cold outside today............haven't taken my scarf off at all.............the wind is cutting thru..............

13 comments:

Narelle said...

I'm with you ... can't handle cold ears or jaw ache.

Susan said...

I think it feels like Antarctica in places today. Keep warm, hope the work gets done quickly.

Rebecca in AK said...

It is no fun to work in the cold! Stay bundled up!

KERYN B said...

We will need to get you a pair of fluffy ear muffs to set off you ensemble..

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great jean job.....glad the girls are happy...

Anonymous said...

Love that the jean mending nearly had a pink flower that would've caused a few laughs,yes it was so cold here today in Warrnanmbool and I hear that we missed the snow back home,enjoy your evening my friend.xx

Cheryll said...

A girl needs to keep her ears warm... And I'm sure you make a dam good sort...under all those clothes ...
Warm and sunny here but still windy... Off to a 1yr party tomorrow. So I hope it stays nice.
Good luck with your "girls". :)

Dawn said...

Love to see the girls are happier now, where do you find the time to sew and blog after all that farm work? Hope it warms up soon, we even had snow here in Melbourne this week, now that's cold.

Dasha said...

Freezing down here too. Temps aren't too low, but the wind is like ice cutting through you. Nice photo on you banner ;-)

Susan said...

Even cool here - must be v cold there!

Katherine said...

I hate cold ears, so I always have something to cover them in cool weather, too.

Had to chuckle over your thoughts of adding a flower to the patch job. Reminds me of my mom patching my dad's coveralls (since she knew they would get stained anyways, she used whatever bits of colourful thread she had on had and tried out fancy embroidery stitches on the patches). I'm sure Dad promptly made sure he wiped some grease or oil into those threads so they wouldn't stand out. ;o)

Stay warm!

Katherine said...

I hate cold ears, so I always have something to cover them in cool weather, too.

Had to chuckle over your thoughts of adding a flower to the patch job. Reminds me of my mom patching my dad's coveralls (since she knew they would get stained anyways, she used whatever bits of colourful thread she had on had and tried out fancy embroidery stitches on the patches). I'm sure Dad promptly made sure he wiped some grease or oil into those threads so they wouldn't stand out. ;o)

Stay warm!

Lyn said...

Gosh it does look cold there...especially out on a bike..seeing the sun and blue sky can be deceptive.