Friday 3 October 2014

French star?............

I saw this pattern - Moda Love Quilt online - printed it and put it in a safe spot for a rainy day............well I haven't had a rainy day but I thought it might be a good one to try.............supposed to be made from a Layer Cake, Charm pack or Mini charm........plus some yardage.....
trying to sort out the mini charm fabrics to replicate the big one............
Started making this one yesterday lunch...............
I have incorporated a few more French General fabrics as I had used some of the fabrics in the layer cake in another project..........................
I wasn't happy with the layout of the side squares so I moved them and changed them..............
Less then a hour this morning and it is all pinned on the wall........moved to final positions and ready for me to start sewing once I get back from town.............
I can't wait.............OMG 2 quilt tops in one week now that would be a record........
I can't show you the other one yet.......you will have to wait a week or so..............
Catch you later
Chookyblue

17 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the colours and the idea of the laying it all out before you sew. Is it pinned onto a sheet or something else?

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow that's pretty good going!

FloS said...

Great block !!
Florence

Brenda said...

Clever chooky.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looking good......

Susan said...

Love that one, you're on a roll.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky ,wow you are on fire my friend,well done and enjoy your weekend.xx

Anthea said...

two quilt tops in a week?! good for you Chooky!
A couple of ladies from my Patch group have made this one with layer cakes, came up so well... yours will too... x

Miriam said...

Ohh, I've started something little using this pattern too. Looove those French General fabrics you are using. I am sure you will be finished long before me!

annemariesquilt said...

Wonderful..
I want to do this too .

Maria said...

Looks great... Well done..

Fiona said...

looks great.. you are on a roll!!
Hugz

Michelle said...

You so can't go wrong with French General fabric can you! Love it!
Michelle

Jenny said...

Nice to see you've been in the Chook shed

Solstitches said...

It sounds as though you are on a roll with not one but two quilt tops nearing completion.
Loving the colours in this one.
Margaret

Susan said...

Great progress Chookyblue...looking forward to seeing it all done.

Susie said...

This is going to look fantastic